On-line Courses

If you are interested in courses on line about psyhcology applied in the scoliosis field , you can consult my two first videos created in collaboration with Scoliosis and Spine On line Learning (SSOL)

First one is a webinar for professionals who care the delicate world of the Adolescents with IS to improve the relationship with the patient since the first session.: “Healthy relationship with scoliosis patient?” If you are interested, click the following link to have the webinar when you would like to see it.

The second video: “How to build a healthy relationship with a PT patient since the first session?” was created to guide practitioners in navigating the first session with our teens with scoliosis and their families. Psychology could be very helpful for your work. I hope you can enjoy it. Here you can see the introduction.

A summary from Andrea Lebel (PT from Canada, Owner-Director at Scoliosis Physiotherapy & Posture Centre):

Key Takeaways (there were soooo many!)⠀
🔸 Our words represent just 7% of the credibility of our message, the other 93% of our communication is non-verbal (body language and tone of voice)⠀
🔸 Avoid strong medical language in the first visit (ex. ATR, Cobb, etc). Replace the word “deformity” with neutral language, such as “asymmetry”.⠀
🔸 Deliver patient education to include examples of well-known individuals/celebrities living well with scoliosis, as well as social media influencers delivering positive messages about life with scoliosis.⠀
🔸 The therapeutic alliance between patient and provider may be the best predictor of adherence to an exercise program.⠀
🔸 Come to a consensus/agreement on roles and expectations from the start and formalize the shared decision-making with signed agreement.

COMMENT:

Meredith from Kioko Therapy, PT and yoga teacher: “I watched the other week – EXCELLENT! I love your authentic communication. Your points were simple but profound and SO important. It would be amazing for all the bspts teachers to share your webinar in each of their courses… most therapists are new to this approach and it is so very different than any other type of physio. And the sane is true of other specialties! Not any more special.. just critical to know your audience so you can connect with them. One of the biggest takeaways from your video is truly that any therapist can have the best manual skills, but if they don’t have good communication and people skills, then they’re ultimately limiting the success of the patient. So beautiful and CLEAR how you share your information. THANK YOU!!”